Saturday, October 04, 2008

Merino Karma

[Maken] Håller du på att sticka till mig? Va, blir det för färg? Ojj, det kommer att se ut som en peruk på mig. He, he, nejrå. Mm, men det betyder att jag måste bli fotad sen. Jo, det är väl priset man får betala va?

[Husband] Are you knitting something for me? What colour is it? Oh, it will look like a wig on me. He, he, noooh. Mmm, well it means I'll have to be photographed then. That's the price for the hat I assume?
Nu tycker han inte alls att garnet/mönstret är perukaktigt. Däremot är han jätteglad över sin merinomössa, jag har nämligen använt mumsig Malabrigo Worsted, inköpt ett drygt halv år sedan.

Now he doesn't at all think that the yarn/pattern is wig like. Instead he's really happy over his new merino cap, cause I used yummy Malabrigo Worsted, purchased bit more than half year ago.
Mönstret som jag utgått från är Cap Karma av Smariek och jag har härmat Jareds minskningar. Nu i efterhand tänker jag att jag nog borde ha kollat stickfastheten innan jag började, för jag fick repa upp och lägga till två extra mönsterupprepningar.

The pattern I based it on is Cap Karma by Smariek and I followed Jareds' decreasings. Afterwards I am thinking that I maybe should have checked the gauge before i got going, as I had to rip out and add two extra pattern repeats.

No comments: