Saturday, April 15, 2006

Knitting again

21st of April is approaching rapidly - it's only seven days left to the planned birth date of our son-to-come!!! I'm counting days - no longer weeks or months! Of course it's likely that I'll have to add up to fourteen days to this date, I did so with my first. But as I'm waiting my second and it's close between them (one and a half years) the chances are greater that this baby will come sooner.

I can visualise having our baby at home now! This positivism has spread also to other areas of my life: I've started to knit again!! Even though I shouldn't during this last period of my pregnancy due to the risk of getting "karpaltunnelsyndrom" again. But as it's so little time left I feel the potential problems can't develope into something serious.

So, yesterday I started my first Flower Basket Shawl. The picture to the right does unfortunately not represent the colour I've chosen correctly. It's a Garnstudio's Alpaca yarn in plum colour nr 4400. When starting up this shawl project I had great use of the FBS Cast on Tutorial. Now I've come to the point where I'll be doing my first repeats. I'm knitting while Anthea is asleep or out with her father, but in the evenings I'm too tired to go into advanced counting or pattern reading. However, it's fun knitting again even if a strange feeling of bubbling slowly is creeping up my right hand...

No comments: