Tuesday, August 21, 2012

a baptism, a mountain village church, and a lace scarf-shawl

We visited this old mountain village church with a lovely view when kids youngest cousin was to be baptised. Daugther was spontaneously involved in the ceremony, which she managed excellently. Holding a large candle and a cross she walked around the baptism font together with the the priest and the god mother carrying the baby.
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
I thought it would be a good idea to cover my shoulders in the church. So at the baptism I wore a hand made silk clapotis, my second clapotis so far (more project notes here). However it appeared unnecessary, and too warm this hot August day.

Speaking of silk: Cyprus on the Silk Routes seems an interesting documentary about ancient silk production on Cyprus which I want to watch some day. Here's a clip from the film.

No comments: