Sunday, April 23, 2006

Janos of Spain

Grandfather of Anthea came this Wednesday from Spain, where he lives a grand life as a pensioner. He's here to support us with Anthea when we've to go to the delivery and the days after. He's really taking an active interest in everything about Anthea as it was a long time since he saw here and Anthea seems to like him a lot, which is great! I apprechiate the extra help now since I'm so heavy, I'm two days overtime already. But I'm so annoyed that the baby won't show up, though not surprised as Anthea also came overtime. Still I've tried to convince the baby that the sun and the spring actually has finally arrived out here but he doesn't listen so I guess he still likes it better in my belly...

Yesterday the whole bunch of us went to a park nearby, Rålambshovsparken, and Anthea had the opportunity to play as much as she wanted in the "parklek" of this park. "Parklek" is a great service from the Swedish government especially to us inner city citizens! Besides a playingground there's normally a building in connection to it where it's possible to change dipers, shop coffe/tea, cakes, ice cream and some even have hotdogs and hamburgers for sale to put on an outdoor grill. We stayed at this "parklek" from late morning to early afternoon and I managed to do some knitting while watching Anthea play.

I'm slowly proceeding with the FBS but decided to go for two extra repeats. I did some googling yesterday on other bloggers who's done the FBS and noticed that many commented on the size - they meant that the shawl's a bit smallish. As I'm knitting with needles size 4 and the patterns suggests 4.5 I thought I really need these extra repeats. This shawl is my little project as I'm w-a-i-t-i-n-g for my life to move forward to the next level and the new role that it involve, being a two-childrens-mother! It's kind of exciting to see if I manage to finish this project before the delivery...

No comments: