Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Baby boom and yummy food

After visiting my Mother Healt Center, husband, Anthea and I did some strolling around in Kungsholmen. In one of the many child friendly cafés, Art of Living, we had our lunch and good old cappuchino afterwards. By the way, I hope this fantastic coffe creation will survive in our Latte (adult gruel?) fanatic country... We probably have unusually many child friendly cafés here and one of my sister once gave me a reasonable explanation to this phenomenon. From her teacher in film science (?!) at the Stockholm University she heard last year that Kungsholmen is one of the places on earth with the highest density of newborn babies per capita. Actually many times nowadays it feels absurd to walk the streets of Kungsholmen as there are so many pregnant women and mothers walking with their baby strollers. WE are baiscally e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e!! And this baby boom is kind of recent in time. I know, since I lived here already when single, before I met my husband.

When back home, I made my favourite zucchini-egg "mixture", which my husband loved though not Anthea. My father used to make it to us. He brought this recipe from his childhood Cyprus. It's not an omelett since it shouldn't contain so much egg that it coagulates. My father used to serve it with Coca Cola and toasted bread, and this is how I still enjoy this full of vitamine dish. (Regarding the picture : how can something so enjoyable be so ugly?)

Here's how I made the mix tonight, if you'd like to try it sometimes.: You need 5 zucchinis, 4 eggs, olive oil, salt and white pepper. Divide the zucchinis alongside in two and slice them really really thin. Fry in olive oil for 5-10 minutes until they start to get a little soft and some colour. Now lower the temperature and cook, using a lid, in about 30-45 minutes and stir every 10 mintues. When the zucchinis are really soft, raise the temperature and fry away all water and give the mix some more colour. Put salt and peppar into the mix. Then stir really quickly in the eggs one by one and serve as soon as all are in. You shouldn't fry so that the egg gets hard! Serve with toasted white bread and cold Coca Cola. Yummy!

No comments: